Quick Gift Crochet Pattern of the Month - April
Design by Ferosa Harold
Shawls are everywhere! This trendy, easy-to- crochet version works as a hip shawl or can be worn in the traditional manner. Pretty tassels are accents.
37 inches wide not including ties
- 1,000 yds. Aunt Lydia’s Art. 151 by Coats & Clark or size 10 crochet cotton thread
- 966 white pearl 8mm rice beads
- Two silver 8mm-wide metal hair beads (the kind you squeeze together around a section of hair)
- Spray starch
- 2 1/2-inch square piece of cardboard
- Tapestry needle
- No. 8/1.5mm steel hook or hook size needed to obtain gauge
- 9 sc = 1 inch
- Ch, sl st, sc, dc
- Row 1: String all rice beads onto
crochet thread; for ties, ch 501,
dc in fourth ch from hook (first
3 chs of ch-4 is used as first dc),
dc in each ch across, turn. (499 dc made)
Note: For beaded chain (bch), pull up one bead, ch 1.
- Row 2: Ch 1, sl st in first 85 sts, ch 1, sc in same st as last sl st, ch 5, bch 2 times (see Note), ch 5, skip next 14 sts, sc in next st, (ch 5, bch 2 times, ch 5, skip next 14 sts, sc in next st) 21 times leaving remaining sts unworked, turn.
- Row 3-22: Ch 10, sc in sp between next 2 beads, bch, ch 5, bch 2 times, ch 5, (bch, sc in sp between next 2 beads, bch, ch 5, bch 2 times, ch 5) across to last 2 beads, bch, sc in sp between last 2 beads, turn.
- Row 23: Ch 10, sc in sp between
next 2 beads, bch, ch 11, sc in sp
between next 2 beads, ch 11, bch,
sl st in sp between last 2 beads.
Hand wash Shawl and lightly starch. Pin flat and let dry.
Tassel (make 2)
Cut 45 strands each 6 inches long. Tie separate strand around center of all strands held together; fold in half. Bend hair bead around all strands 1/4 inch from fold. Trim.
Tie one Tassel to end of each tie.
Copyright © 2014 Annie's, 306 East Parr Road, Berne, IN 46711. All rights reserved. This publication may not be reproduced or transmitted in part or in whole without written permission from the publisher. This was previously published by Annie's.
Click here to download the PDF (2.3 MB)
|Other fashion accessories in the series:|
Other crochet project series: