Quick Gift Crochet Pattern of the Month - September
Denim Stripes Wrist Warmers
Design by Janet Reheldt
Ladies of all ages will love wearing these cozy and comfortable warmers that look great in either multi of solid-color yarn. They make fantastic quick gifts, too!
Instructions given fit ladies sizes 7 3/4 inches top wrist, 7 inches bottom wrist (small); changes for 8 1/2 inches top wrist and 7 3/4 inches bottom wrist (medium) and 10 1/2 inches top wrist and 9 1/2 inches bottom wrist (large) are in [ ].
Length: All sizes 5 3/4 inches
- Regia 4-Ply Color fine (sport) weight yarn (1 3/4 oz/230 yds/50g per ball):
- 1 ball #5259 crazy Nordic
- Size E/4/3.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker
18 1/2 ext sc = 4 inches
Chain-3 at beginning of row or round counts as first double crochet unless otherwise stated.
Do not join rounds unless otherwise stated. When rounds are joined, join with slip stitch as indicated unless otherwise stated.
Foundation double crochet (foundation dc): Ch 4 (first 3 chs count as first dc), yo, insert hook in 4th ch from hook, yo, pull lp through, ch 1, [yo, pull through 2 lps on hook] twice, *yo, insert hook in last ch-1 completed, yo, pull lp through, ch 1, [yo, pull through 2 lps on hook] twice.
Extended single crochet (ext sc): Insert hook in place indicated, yo, pull lp through, yo, pull 1 lp on hook, yo, pull through all lps on hook.
Extended single crochet decrease (ext sc dec): Insert hook in place indicated, yo, pull lp through, yo, pull 1 lp on hook, insert hook in next st, yo, pull lp through, yo, pull through all lps on hook.
- Rnd 1: Work foundation dc 35 [39, 47] times, join (see Pattern Notes) in 3rd ch of beg ch-4. (36 [40, 48] dc)
- Rnd 2: Hdc in each of first 2 sts, fpdc around each of next 2 sts, [hdc in each of next 2 sts, fpdc around each of next 2 sts] around, do not join.
- Rnds 3-8: [Hdc in each of next 2 sts, fpdc around each of next 2 fpdc] around, do not join. At end of last rnd, join in beg hdc.
- Rnds 1 & 2: Ext sc (see Special Stitches) in each st around, do not join unless otherwise stated.
- Rnd 3: [Sc in next st, sc in next st 2 rnds below] around.
- Next rnds: Rep rnds 1-3 consecutively until piece measures 2 1/4 inches above Cuff, ending with rnd 3. Next rnd: *Ext sc in each of next 7 [8, 10] sts, ext sc dec (see Special Stitches) in next 2 sts, rep from * around. (32 [36, 44] ext sc)
- Rnd 1: [Dc in each of next 2 sts, hdc in each of next 2 sts] around.
- Rnds 2-8: [Fpdc around each of next 2 sts, hdc in each of next 2 sts] around. At end of last rnd, join in beg fpdc. Fasten off.
Copyright © 2014 Annie's.
Click here to download the PDF (316.2 KB)
|Other fashion accessories in the series:|
Other crochet project series: